4.17.2010

El mensajero / José Antonio Ramos Sucre

The Messenger

The moon, seized by the impetuous clouds, barely gilds the vortex of the tremulous willows, sunken, with the earth, in a sea of shadows.
     I was pondering on the shores of the sterile lake, facing the marble palace, fascinated by the menace of the black waters.
     She appeared brusquely in the vestibule, tall and serene, awakening a slight murmur.
     But she returned, deliberate, to her refuge, closing the iron door behind her, before returning to my senses and while I was forcing, to speak with her, my annulled word.
     I circle the hermetic mansion, adding my voice to the inconsolable moan of the wind; and I await, on the abrupt floor, the arrival of the vessel without sails, under the governance of the ancient thaumaturge, monarch of a sad island, so I might be absolved of the heavy message.




La torre de Timón (1925)




{ José Antonio Ramos Sucre, Obra completa, Caracas: Bilioteca Ayacucho, 1989 }

No comments: