2.12.2011

Las mensajeras del alba / José Antonio Ramos Sucre

The Messengers of Dawn

The two sisters have come to the window. They continue talking in cordial terms. They emit a serene aura.
     I have seen the blonder one in the course of a daydream. The maiden was disappearing in the recess of an unreal jungle, followed by an elk. She was absorbed in the contemplation of an illuminated chalice flower.
     I have seen the second one sitting amid cushions and dressed in glossy silk on a Flamenco painter’s canvas. The wary bourgeois sustains in her lap an engraved jewel box and weighs a diamond adornment in her hand.
     The two sisters have come to the window, above the grey canal of a heretical city, resistant to the orders of my taciturn sovereign.
     The presence of the septentrional beauties assaults and spoils my loyalty.
     I change my countenance and accelerate my steps when I hear an assassin’s false congratulation.




Las formas del fuego (1929)




{ José Antonio Ramos Sucre, Obra completa, Caracas: Biblioteca Ayacucho, 1989 }

No comments: