3.05.2011

La abominación / José Antonio Ramos Sucre

The Abomination

The solitary one cursed the city in precise terms and hid far away, in a jungle of flowering spines.
     The natives were sighting, from the balconies and solariums, an inflamed environs. The mulberry was vigorously resisting the nitrous ground and the bitumen pit.
     The women were exercising authority and celebrating a lugubrious and sensual rite in the evening. I myself witnessed the party of weeping and love.
     I was able to extract from the crowd a girl destined for the clamorous orgy. I divined the fervor of her tenderness and innocence. Some pirates had subtly captivated her.
     The solitary one set us on the road of the sea and I am unable to ascertain if the sudden idea of invoking Ulysses was mine, so as to reconcile with myself the will of some Greek oarsmen.




El cielo de esmalte (1929)




{ José Antonio Ramos Sucre, Obra completa, Caracas: Biblioteca Ayacucho, 1989 }

No comments: