4.16.2011

El avenimiento de sagitario / José Antonio Ramos Sucre

The Sagittarius Convention

I had escaped from the malice of my enemies, retiring into the country, at the foot of the mountains, from where the homicidal tribes descend to the sound of war. I had left the native city and its cheerful cove to the judgment of a vehement faction.
     I had been followed by the pensive captive, whom I rescued from the pirates, seduced by her grave beauty. She would only liven up when recalling the ground of her birth, where ebony jungles prosper beside the infertile ocean.
     My hosts feared having offended my aboriginal god, vengeful archer. They believed he desired to continue among the hyperboreans, inhabitants, in wooden houses, of a propitious clime, where a vague light settles the senses.
     Authoritarian priests, denying the gift, were seeking to reconcile him by means of a decisive ceremony. They imposed on me the separation of my companion and the sacrifice of her life.
     She departed from me with an interminable goodbye, awakening compassion.
     A solitary gallop and the tremulous air of invisible darts were announcing, at midnight, the return of the numen.




La torre de Timón (1925)




{ José Antonio Ramos Sucre, Obra completa, Caracas: Biblioteca Ayacucho, 1989 }

No comments: