4.22.2016

Memorable / Guillermo Sucre

Memorable

I’m not there anymore I’m not there
I’ve slept on the animal stone that pulses
The river in the penumbra the nets
The stars tremble in their final gleam
And suddenly the shine that erases my name
The morning presiding all the encounters with yesterday
The peaceful fluttering city
The sky breathing inside the blue
The glare the consciousness of the sun
I say words only the wind recognizes
I think of other lives a forest
Sand dunes that intern me in time
I am alone I should be happy
That’s how we are when we come out of the shade
But I can’t find your eyes
I’m leaving everything is waiting for me
If you know me you know I live by the sea
With the seagulls
The wave’s eyelash opens
and closes over love
In Juangriego your skin divides the horizon
Day and night
Mirror and memory
Your sonorous glance like cliffs
They’re waiting for me I won’t stop
The red beast of the earth cracking
Stalks me I set sail
I’m ambushed by the air in Esnujaque
Idol of silence midday deciphers me
It writes for me in blood
Language of this extensive country
I always speak
And in whose blind habit I build myself
I come back but some things
Never come back with us




La mirada (1970)




{ Guillermo Sucre, Conversación con la intemperie. Seis poetas venezolanos, selección y prólogo de Gustavo Guerrero, Barcelona, España: Galaxia Gutenberg/Círculo de Lectores, 2008 }

No comments: