4.27.2019

Casi un país (12) / Elizabeth Schön

Almost A Country (12)

     A bicycle is a huge seahorse, descending the tunnel. The air has the solidity of a feather. I want to touch that post over there, I run, I feel it. I go on, I’m so happy to feel myself move towards that corner and then the other one and the one I can’t even see! I have no impediments. Impediments disturb, they block any enjoyment of the fresh clean day, so full of sun and breeze.
     I bump into an empanada & snack cart. Several workers are busy on the construction site for a building. Others are delineating the edges of the sidewalk and another group paints the lines marking the curve or the avenue lanes.
     I’m standing in front of the Museo de Bellas Artes, white: a cloud, a seed of the whitest fruit.
     I enter. Its corridors smell like a prairie full of wild grass, the water in its pond has the flavor of refuge. The wind unspools, someone in search of a shelter that will always protect them.


*

Casi un país (12)

     Una bicicleta es un hipocampo inmenso, que baja por el túnel. El aire tiene la solidez de la pluma. Quiero tocar aquel poste, corro, lo palpo. Sigo, ¡cómo me alegra sentir que voy hacia la esquina y hacia la otra esquina y aun hacia la que no atisbo! No tengo impedimentos. Los impedimentos estorban, impiden que se disfrute del día fresco, limpio, pleno de sol y brisa.
     Tropiezo con un latón de dulces y empanadas. Varios obreros trabajan en la construcción de un edificio. Otros delinean los bordes de las aceras y otros marcan las rayas que indican la curva o el margen libre de las avenidas.
     Estoy frente al Museo de Bellas Artes, blanco: nube, semilla del fruto más blanco.
     Entro. Sus corredores huelen a prado cubierto de hierba, el agua de su estanque tiene el sabor del remanso. El viento se desliza, es alguien en busca del albergue que para siempre lo protegerá.




1972




{ Elizabeth Schön, Antología poética, Caracas: Monte Ávila Editores, 1998 }

No comments: