1.30.2010

Antífona / José Antonio Ramos Sucre

Antiphone

I would visit the acoustic jungle, asylum of innocence, and I would have fun with the fugitive glimpse, with the delirium of the light.
     A candid maiden, unbound from memories of a withered life, subdued the turbulent birds by her own free will. The snail served as a guide for the mole.
     I was barely approaching adolescence and would willingly depart from the limits of the real world. The clement maiden presented herself in my path to refer me to the ventures of a lordly life, the mirth and detours of princesses in an ideal kingdom. I have read them in a drama by Shakespeare.
     The memory of my errors in the diaphanous jungle captivated my fervent youth. Larvae and chimeras of my sad numen, an aerial round would seduce my eyes under the amber sky and a crown of thorns, Cordelia’s, was mortifying the faithful maiden’s forehead.




El cielo de esmalte (1929)




{ José Antonio Ramos Sucre, Obra completa, Caracas: Biblioteca Ayacucho, 1989 }

No comments: