2.01.2010

La presencia / José Antonio Ramos Sucre

The Presence

The image of the towers was being drawn on the sea. A few tenuous birds were surrounding them with their methodical flight. They couldn’t sustain themselves on their false, elemental feet.
     The lightning bolts were falling randomly and frequently from the empty sky. I was forcing my thought and I couldn’t discover its impossible origin. The towers and a wilting cypress remained undamaged.
     I had awoken from a still dream and from its fateful visions, which came from the moon. The view of the cypress put me on the path to an unprecedented sepulcher.
     Isolde had disappeared from the earth and was resting right there from her agonized passion. I wanted to speak and my words flew through the air, spontaneously transformed into moans.




El cielo de esmalte (1929)




{ José Antonio Ramos Sucre, Obra completa, Caracas: Biblioteca Ayacucho, 1989 }

No comments: