3.25.2017

COSAS QUE AMO HACER EN CARACAS: / Lena Yau

THINGS I LOVE TO DO IN CARACAS


1. Flying on a moto taxi
2. Going into the radio station and hugging my friends
3. Having a coffee in a forgotten cafeteria
4. Enjoying a fragmented and jumpy conversation between four friends.
5. Recognizing spaces I travelled through so many years ago. Picking up my pieces there.
6. Playing hide & seek with the mountain.
7. Wandering in complete solitude and silence.
8. Returning to old malls, to walk through them, window shopping their stores.
9. Visiting bookstores I hadn’t been to before. Listening quietly while someone asks for my Hormigas en la lengua. Feeling my face turn red.
9. Slowly eating the sweet ají, catara picante and Araya salt flavors combined into one chocolate: the bon bons made by @cacaodeorigen
10. Granting myself the pleasure of sitting alone at a bar and enjoying several freezing tercio beers while I prepare a talk.
11. Being a city, being Caracas.


*


COSAS QUE AMO HACER EN CARACAS:

1. Volar en moto taxi
2. Entrar en la estación de radio y abrazar a mis amigas
3. Tomar café en una cafetería destartalada
4. Disfrutar de una conversa fragmentada y saltarina entre cuatro amigas.
5. Reconocer espacios recorridos años ha. Recoger mis pedazos en ellos.
6. Jugar al escondite con la montaña.
7. Deambular en completa soledad y silencio.
8. Volver a los viejos centros comerciales, caminarlos, curiosear sus tiendas.
9. Visitar librerías que no conozco. Escuchar calladita que alguien pregunta por mis Hormigas. Sentir que la cara se me pone roja.
9. Comerme despacito los sabores del ají dulce, del picante de catara y de la sal de Araya encofrados en chocolate: los bombones de @cacaodeorigen
10. Darme el gusto de sentarme a solas en un bar y disfrutar de varios tercios helados de cerveza mientras preparo una charla.
11. Ser ciudad, ser Caracas.




{ Lena Yau, Facebook, 21 March 2017 }

No comments: