1.10.2021

La nada vigilante: II / Armando Rojas Guardia

II

 

The impossible poem

exhausts me before we even get started.

I spell out its syllables without knowing them,

merely disposed to a diaphanous air

moving in my mouth for no one.

Tentatively reaching myself broken by words,

I let something grow in my ribs

a flowering of muteness

where immobile attention might gleam anew.

The voice is hollow

like a cadavers name

rotting in the center of the page.

But I get used to the panting,

to the scratchy smoothness.

Theres nothing behind thought,

nothing in these metaphors,

just barely the exact vigil

to scan how it flows unreachably

the cactus of the poem.

 

*

 

II

 

El poema imposible

me desgasta de antemano.

Deletreo sus sílabas sin saberlas,

dispuesto sólo a un aire diáfano

moviéndose en mi boca para nadie.

Tanteándome roto de palabras,

voy dejando que crezca en mi costado

un florecimiento de mudez

donde rebrille la atención inmóvil.

Está hueca la voz

como un nombre de cádaver

pudriéndose en el centro de la página.

Pero me acostumbro al jadeo,

a la ronca lisura.

Nada hay detrás del pensamiento,

nada en estas metáforas,

apenas la exacta vigilia

para otear cómo brota inalcanzable

el cactus del poema.

 




{Armando Rojas Guardia, La nada vigilante, Caracas: Fondo Editorial Pequeña Venecia, 1994}

No comments: